The silver lining of this past year is the lesson it’s taught us all of what is truly important. Mother’s have had to navigate working from home while doing double duty, and time spent with family has now come with precautions. This weekend, celebrate the mom’s in your life with a toast to their seemingly infallible spirit and beyond human capabilities.
From fruity and refreshing to a caffeine kick, we’ve rounded up a few of our favourite brunch cocktails to toast to mom this year.
Nanaimo Bar Shaft
- 1 oz | Forty Creek Double Barrel
- ½ oz | Frangelico
- Top with coffee
- Drizzle ¾ oz of Nanaimo Bar Cream
* Use an old-fashion or rocks glass and build over ice
- 1.5oz | Grand Marnier
- 0.5oz | Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2-3oz | Champagne
- Pour Grand Marnier followed by lemon juice into a Champagne flute
- Top with chilled Champagne
- Gentle stir to combine, garnish with lemon
The Forager & Tonic
- 1oz | The Forager Botanical Whisky
- 3oz | Tonic
- Lemon garnish
Good Morning Rosé
- 1oz Cereal Barley Water with Dehydrated Strawberries*
- 0.5oz Rich Strawberry Mint Syrup*
- 0.5oz Lemon Juice
- Top Chandon Rosé
Combine all ingredients except the Chandon Rosé into a shaker with ice.
Shake, double strain into a coupe. Top Chandon Rosé with a strawberry garnish
*Cereal Barley Water
- Soak 1 cup of cereal oat cereal, with one cup of dehydrated strawberries for one hour (dehydrate strawberries in oven for 30mins) Strain and filter
- *Rich Strawberry Mint Syrup
- Combine 1 cup of strawberries, with 1 cup of sugar, and 10 mint leaves. Blend and filter
For more recipes like Good Morning Rosé, and to support mixologists impacted by job loss during the pandemic, check out Coming Together.